Navbar

Image Map

Sunday, August 10, 2014

Country Charm - A Dreamy Local Listing

Gasp!! Oooh myyy Gosh! My dream home is for sale y'all.

Of course, I live in my dream home (or what will be our dream home when we finish renovating), but if there was a house that might convince me to ever move, this would be that home.  I thought it would be fun to share with you the home that my mom and I have ogled for years now.  It just popped up on the market and I about fell off my seat when I was scrolling through the local real estate website and saw it listed there.  And I knew that I had to share it with all of you.  Lets take a look.


Charm for days, right? The cobblestone work on the exterior is enough to stop my heart. 

The listing states that the home was built in 1850 and is almost 4,000 square feet.
And when you walk up on the wide porch you can see a little closer view of that amazing stonework.

How about you and I sit out there and chat over a cup of coffee! Whether we own in it or not, I'm game.  I'm sure the owners would understand... who could blame us for wanting to sit a spell on such a idyllic porch. 

Entering the front door you see a beautiful open staircase and what I believe is a beadboard ceiling. 


Then you see this:
I mean. Just. What?  So stunning.  I can picture an old American flag over the fireplace, some gingham throw pillows and the book shelf filled with old books and antiques.  Simple Americana Elegance.

For such an old home, I was surprised to see such an open flow in the layout.

I wonder what is under all that carpet?  I would bet money there's hardwood floors.  Lemme at 'em!

The kitchen is a bit outdated but with some wallpaper removal, new appliances, and a coat of paint to the cabinets, it wouldn't take much to update the space.  For the cabinets I think I would paint the lowers grey and the uppers white.  And how'bout that adorable little island?  Can I paint it blue?.. then again, maybe after the perimeter cabinets were painted, the island would be perfect left stained.  Soapstone for the coutnertops and a farmhouse sink, I think!  The floor? Depending on the condition, I think you could make them work. 


Again with the openness - so surprising in such an old home - although this part of the house is clearly an addition.  The kitchen and eating area open up to this casual little living room.  The painted fireplace (love the color) with the exposed stone wall behind it? Perfection.  

Then right past the eating nook, it looks like there is a screened in porch with views of the beautiful property.

There is also a mudroom that I'd love to see more of.  And I think I'd repaint it yellow... or a soft green.  Or maybe cream.

The home has 4 bedrooms and 3 full baths.

Check out this bathroom with more exposed stone!
I would totally de-wallpaper the room, repaint the trim, and then add a white planked wall.  Farmhouse-y light, mirror, and sink too for sure! Similar to this one that I had pinned earlier this week. 

Now.  As if this house wasn't awesome enough, the outside continues to be just amazing.  Starting with this gorgeous barn.

And that little gazebo?  Stop.

The listing says that on the second floor of the barn is a full basketball court.  What in the world!?  How awesome is that!!...not that I would use it much (organized sports, not really my thang), but to have kids on a property like that would just be amazing!

The property is 4.89 acres and just beautiful!
Charm.  All day long.

And of course it has a pond, with fountain.  Because why not? 

And an adorable little potting shed too. 

Want it?  It can be yours for $379,000!  For more information and more pictures you can check out the listing here.  Just promise me that, when you buy it, I can come over and see it!.. and maybe stay forever.

What's your favorite part?  The exterior of the home with the adorable stonework was it for me.  It wouldn't even matter what the inside looked like.  And that barn. oh. that. barn.

-Also-
Dreamy Local Listing: I think this would be a fun little reoccurring post.  I already have a dreamy local listing lined up for the future.  So stay tuned!

Don't miss a beat.  
{Follow this blog on Bloglovin'}
 http://www.bloglovin.com/blog/8102735/a-nurse-and-a-nerd 

-or-

{Follow this blog via Email}


Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Linked to: DIY Showoff, Frugal crafty home blog hop, Merry Monday link Party, Amaze Me Monday, Funday Monday, Making Monday,


No comments:

Post a Comment

I'd love to hear what you have to say. Questions, comments, advice...Think of this as your invitation to add something to our blog.